Rose Red

OK, so I still have a little bit of a lingering hat phobia, but this Rose Red hat pattern was just too pretty to pass up.
I loved every single thing about this project. The pattern was so fun to knit up, I never wanted to put it down. Potentially, I could knit nothing but Rose Red for the rest of my knitting life and be happy. Really truly happy! Well.. maybe I'd get bored eventually, but.. yes.. I could knit it over and over again.
It is just so fun to see a pattern form right in front of your eyes with every stitch. It's for this reason that stranded knitting is so addictive as well.
It's a source of instant gratification in a more time consuming project.


The yarn that I used was Sublime Angora Merino which is a lovely blend that is fuzzy but not too fuzzy. Since I knit my Lush and Lacy Cardigan a year ago now, I've really loved the look of lace work in angora yarn. The trick is to find an angora blend. Something that still has a reasonable amount of stitch definition. My Rose Red took a little over one ball. So of course I'm left with yet another partial skein. Oh joy.


I love the finished result. It's so feminine, so pretty, so soft. It will be great for Fall and Winter!
Now..all I need to do is get used to wearing a hat in public without feeling ridiculous..