knitting basket liner


Lately I have had more than one knitting project going on at a time ~ tea cosy, fingerless gloves, and a sweater right now ~ and the living room has been scattered with balls of yarn, needles, etc. I thought it would be nice to have each project in its own basket which I could easily grab when needed, so I made a fabric liner for one basket this weekend using this barkcloth I bought at the flea market...
It's really simple, just a circle of fabric with a casing sewn around the outside for some elastic.

Now I can throw in everything I need and nothing slips through the cracks and the yarn doesn't snag. I love the barkcloth, though a lighter fabric might lay a bit better. I have a couple more baskets I'm going to try this with.

I just want to pass along a wonderful blog by Suzanne called Fruit of her hands; and if you love Tasha Tudor you will really enjoy reading Suzanne's post about her Pumpkin Moonshine day at Tasha's property. It motivated me to borrow Take Peace & Take Joy, when at the library this morning. Enjoy!