corners of my home

Today's corner is in my daughter's room. I was doing some cleaning and picking up and figured it was a good time for some 'corners' pictures. No, it is not always this neat...my experience with artists in my family is that they are extremely messy :)
The chair in this corner is an old mohair chair that someone had put out to the street. I made a slipcover from some white denim, that was only $2 a yard once at Walmart. The ottoman was a tag sale find that I also slipcovered~if it looks a bit misshapen it's because the springs really need some work...someday. My husband made the wall shelf and I made the bulletin board by covering some homosote with fabric and adding ribbon.

The iron bed was $5 at a yard sale. It was white for many years, but when we redecorated a year or two ago I painted it black to go with the new color scheme. My daughter had picked out some fabrics, at the time, right before leaving for week to visit a friend. While she was gone Mike & I completely redid her room~lots of sewing and painting~and she was happily surprised when she returned.

More pictures next week.