hen~housekeeping, a walk, a book cover

Wednesday was a gorgeously warm day for us for this time of year so it seemed a good idea to clean the henhouse. Out with the old and in with fresh new shavings for the floor and nest boxes. When I've finished the hens slowly make their way back in, stepping gingerly and looking all around as if they appreciate a 'clean house' and the fresh pine scent of the shavings.
Afterwards, I took a walk up the lane and a couple pictures. A bit bleak looking, but still beautiful I think...

Most of the milkweed pods have burst open and been scattered by the wind. I remember how much I loved these as a kid ~ opening them up to see the neat rows of seeds and all that white fluff...

I really like the book covers in Crafting Vintage Style by Christina Strutt, so I decided to make one the other night. It didn't take long. I used some of the same linen tablecloth that I had used for the potholder.

With some cotton twill tape I made a label and ties to close it. Now I have a place to keep pictures and notes of the projects I make.

Thanks to you all for your visits and kind comments!