Vintage Vogue Knits (Issue 63)


Vintage Vogue

(A Happy Gift)

And a gift from Susan
(My now favourite Friday knit cafe member)


She saw it on a trip to UK and thought of me, made my day.

I just Love them.

The pictures,

the smell,

the adverts,

the feel,

and the classic patterns,

that haven't really changed at all in years since 1st published.




Gadabouts (Never heard of this, so I Googled)

Noun1.gadabout - a restless seeker after amusement or social companionship



Lovely , lovely vintage adverts.

Dering Street, I even like the street name.



Lovely coat, this is one of my I will make one day, so Channel.

So classic , So glamorous.



Timeless cardi.


I love the model poses,

why, because nowadays the models look natural, everyday.
(This is ok)

I like the stiff, proud I'm in a fabulous vintage vogue knit look.

(Or though at the time just knit)

Only vintage now.




Only in Vogue does the Hedge-hog hat look glam.




This is a three page ad that pulls out from the middle of the booklet.

Such beautiful colours and a textiles almost, what's it about.........

Bernat Klien (facts)




Cake stand yarn

I may have posted this picture once before, I have few vintage books in my collection.

This concept is widely used today, yarn on a cake stand.


For me this is also something that when I eventually get my vintage cake stand and yes I know a cake stand..........

The thing is I can just never commit, I like the funky modern, yet I love the traditional antique china type (traditionally used for afternoon tea).

decisions, decisions and the funny thing I'm not really a cake baker, so it would be entirely for my yarns a shelf storage if you like, for the ones that I favour most at the time;-)


Make head way with STRATNOID (knitting pin?)

I couldn't find anything about this make but this is a knitting needle history if you like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knitting_needle



I
have been unsuccessful in find a print date as I could not see one;-( so a little more research is needed. If their are any vintage knit vogue enthusiasts reading my blog please let me know, how old my latest little knit Gem is that now thanks to Susan is added to my collection.