Oslo and unexpected Knitting, Arne & Carlos

Arne & Carlos


My weekend trip to Oslo with Kim introduced me to some new knitters, that I had never heard of a seminar in Scorner Swedish and Norwegian, language wise, interesting very........

We managed half an hour, trying to understand, I tried my best.


(Unfortunately for me not any more than five words, Kim a little better;-.)

But a slide showed explained how they get from A to B in there designs. This was pretty cool and I really enjoyed their style of illustration.

Very Swedish, very traditional yet completely quirky.

Web site
http://www.arne-carlos.com/

It was a random knit event.


http://www.marimekko.fi/eng/news/pressreleases/2009/

As we where actually going to the Finnish Marimekko exhibition at the Design and Museum.

http://www.finnishdesignshop.com/Marimekko-m-13.html?language=en&country=222&source=adwords&
gclid=CIvQlP-Lu6ACFYt_3god3iiATg



A knitted treat as well as some beautiful textiles, Marimekko has become a favourite design of mine since living in Stockholm, I was just drawn to those flowers. (Who wouldn't be)



Carlos and Arne



Unexpected

Oslo, Benetton window display.

http://casting.benetton.com/?gclid=CMDSroaQu6ACFQxB3godyk-uSw

Tiny weeny jumpers, that I think where even for sale.........

I didn't go in, we did a lot of window shopping all my fault. I arrived in Oslo on Friday and a very bad cold followed, I haven't had a cold in years and I felt awful.

I soldered on seeing the sights;-)

Constantly sneezing and blowing my noise and thought it was best avoiding people and contact as much as possible.


(poor kim)


Great hotel the window was over half the wall.

It was like a huge canvas, the back drop being Oslo.

My camera had issues with this shoot, (Or my sickness)

It was Us or the background, so I put the background.

Better that than my Rudolf the reindeer red nose.



They didn't have Alison Crisps but they did have kim's!

(We where impressed with the room service,personal chips, eh Star)


A kind of knitted chair.

And I would like one........

Very designer and some sort of club, I had to take through the window

As it was shut during the day when we where wondering around.




Orange retro car

I loved this and if I had been on top knit form

I'm sure that I could have yarn bombed it in an hour;-)

But as you can see by my lacking of my own work on this post,

I was actually to sick to Knit.........

I know I can not believe that sentence came from my mouth, and that I actually been able to type it, but it was true.