coming ~ the Spring Cleaning Home Tour

The other day I received an e-mail from a reader, Beth, asking if I would consider showing pictures of some of the rooms in my home. I thought it would be fun to do a home tour, which in turn has motivated me to get going on my Spring Cleaning.
The plan is to work on an area each week, then post pictures of the hopefully-clean-and-organized results at the end of said week...if all goes as planned.
Today I started in the Master Bath with a bucket of hot soapy water using some Mrs Meyers geranium dish soap ~ I just love the smell of her products!
And, I filled a spray bottle with some white vinegar in which has been soaking orange peels {tip from my local morning news station}. I use a lot of white vinegar for cleaning, and the orange peels give it a great smell ~use it as you would any window spray.

The vanity was emptied out, vacuumed, and scrubbed. The lining paper is a roll of wallpaper from Big Lots--it is still in good shape so I didn't replace it. Empty and outdated items were tossed, and everything else was put back in a much more organized manner!

My checklist for today::
  1. wash ceiling, walls, & baseboard
  2. clean/organize vanity & wall cabinet
  3. wash area rug
  4. wash shower curtain & liner
  5. clean glass light globes
  6. wipe down exterior of cabinets
  7. scrub floor
  8. clean mirrors

Next time I will finish up and then get started on the master bedroom.

I would love to hear if you're doing any Spring Cleaning,

and if you want to share any of your tips with the rest of us, please do.