Easter Witches in Stockholm.


Happy Easter,

Easter Witches in Stockholm

Taken a Google image from
http://worldculturenet.com/2008/03/31/easter-witches-in-sweden/

Pronounced (Pa=(or)sk)

Easter time and its time for the little ones to dress as witches and carry copper kettles.

(Well now mostly baskets, but "Ye olden days " copper kettles)


They knock door to door, if you have the Swedish traditional coloured feathers on sticks out side your house, to show that you want the children to knock.

Best description early Halloween an
April treat but no trick;-)



Svenska Godis



My crocheted candy, that to has an Easter feel.

They look as if you may wrap then around a large chocolate egg.
(British Tradition, not so cute the chocolate eggs)

I like the brightness of Easter here.
I guess it is so bright as with the snow still melting
(luckily mostly gone)

That was really dull, dirty white. The 1st big celebration since Christmas.
And we all need a little more brightness and luckily gained more lightness,
Since the clocks changed:-).



My knots , to sort and ends to stitch in, ten so far my new mini graffiti project.
(I say mini because I'm not really supposed to be adding more to my already unfinished to-do list)

So I'm in fact kidding my self, as already it's taken hours.



Thursdays progress,

I managed 10, I just need to finish them and it was meant for Easter.

Monet is home from school, so she is making me 10 Easter chicks.
(Kind offer? , what does she need I wonder.....)




Another thing that I like about a Swedish Easter, is the beer that is specially brewed to celebrate a Swedish Easter.



A collection of little Witches and the Feathers.

http://www.letmetellyouaboutsweden.com/easter-witches/





Spring and the daffodils make for a pretty patio.