Marie Antoinette Obsession and crochet of course.


Obsessed?

Just a little, currently I have been mentioning the film alot,
you may have observed my love of.......

The Colours
/cakes.

The Basques.


The dresses, the accessories.


The decoration


The scenery


The palace.


The baby blue converse

Basically.......

The whole kit and Ka-boodle
(not quiet sure of that meaning, explanation anyone?)

I have been watching the film, a good few times,

New dress research purposes of cousre...........



Watching the film over, made me fall in love with the sound track.
(I use that term to a little to easily)


From Classical to Adam and the Ants a must have.

Ebay £6.49 double cd, cute booklet.

And then hooked on the truth and how the queen is portrayed in the film.

And the basic history lesson, never really paying much attention at school.

I needed to buy the biography, of cousre!.


And so far the film is pretty much in keeping of the truth.
1p from Amazon £3.50 postage (bargain)



My train sketch
.

And two trips so far, to the Nordiska museum.

http://www.nordiskamuseet.se/

300 years of fashion exhibition.

http://www.nordiskamuseet.se/Publication.asp?publicationid=12335&cat=148&topmenu=148



Research for the petticoat

That I will have to construct before I even begin the dress.

Basically strap two baskets to the hips of my mannequin, actaully I may have to construct some hips, my kate is a little flat in all departments.

Unlike her curvy owner.;-)



One of my sketch and collages.



Crochet packaging.



Left side fixed
.



Right side fixed.



The back, almost fixed.


It's turning in to a rather large jigsaw

That I have to find and fit the right pieces.

And then crochet them into place.



Rasmus below is totally bored by the whole process.


As am I ;-)