Crochet Packaging Dress Finished!


These are the final picture's, it's still in the making.

It's actually the completing, completion.

The finishing touches, if you like. And yes I am very happy that it's completed.

I started this in Oct, I have worked on lots of projects along the way but
I think that this is defiantly one of my longest projects.

6 months of hard work.

http://cuteknitting.blogspot.com/2009/10/crochet-and-vegetable-packaging.html



This was the stitch for the edging.

It's a strong stitch so I used it to enhance and enforce the neck line.



Also to re-enforce the side seam.



I added yet another rectangle panel to the front of the dress.

Just to add layers.

I felt that it needed a little bit more attention at the front as the back is so detailed.



The sleeves, Oj Oj Oj where a big issue.

I had to add the sleeves last and they really just hung.

I was not sure one I had the bright idea to attach them in whole pieces.

I tried to-do the edging with different fancy stitches,didn't work then turn ups.

With no success...........but then a little light bulb pinged inside my head.

I used a piece of paper so I had a straight edge and then using sharp scissors, I cut across at an angel.

Thus creating a pointed sleeve.



Sleeve cut.

Below I just stitched three layers using a 2'5 hook. Basically a tidy little edge that showed of the angel of the sleeve.

Nothing more nothing less, the turquoises blue is really set off by the red.




I have not really explained this in my
YouTube title, but this is part one. It's actaully the making of the dress.

In 6 months of work, I have accumulated a lot of photo documentation so I figured it was well worth the double YouTube.


The making to follow, I figure why rush it now;-)