Cake and Crochet


Its been years since I had the pleasure of a Black forest gateau, in the Uk a still frozen in the middle, Sarah lee from ice-lands would always be the key dessert at my child hood party's.

You know the sort(well hopefully you don't) Aunties fallen over drunk, nan's asleep in the chair your uncles have been fighting on the lawn for hours and the teenage children had consumed a large amount of cider(illegally). Those where the days!!!! Not........
;-(

Time have change no longer living in the Geto aka Council Estate Britain, more in-tune with a latte and pastry, the snobbery.(oj oj oj)

My sister in-law invited us to celebrate my brothers birthday and she also remembered these days, and on her mention of a nostalgic gateau , it took me back, way back and not really sure to things I wanted to remember. Also the fact, not really sure I ever actually like the tasteless still frozen gateau.

The new me an Emma cherry forest gateau, convert;-).

Happy Birthday Slimy 36

Above and below my sisters(in law) art in the presence of a cake.




Crochet packaging dress in water colour.



I'm defiantly winning with this project but it taking its time.

Looking pretty effective, I like the world map colour and my canvas
in the back ground.


I really like to look in photos and see the things that you where not taking the picture of.

The things that you just managed to capture.

That moment in time.




The mint waist band is managing to take the weight well, so far so good.



I have been a quiet blogger this week ;-(



Here's one of the reasons why, my uni cousre is taking it toll. Brief one, its on track but my month dead line was Friday so I'm just a little behind schedule.

Its tough it has been a while, and just dotting the i's and crossing the T's is tough. Plan, prepare, justify and organise.

It's coming together, Its just taking a wee bit longer.



Front, textile sample of the chair scene above.



Back, just a few ends! it's all made in one piece

Using lots of different stitches to justify the texture of each chair break in the photo.


This is Sample Two nearly completed, only one more to make;-)


Easter Graffiti


It will be next Easter at my current pace;-(
Or I can cheat and the chicks will become ducks;-)
Now that sounds like a plan.........
Hopefully this week coming , I'll get to it.