joys of Spring







Spring flowers and new baby chicks are two of my favorite joys of Spring.  I can't pass up the dollar pots of tulips, which I will let bloom inside then later plant outdoors to enjoy year after year.  I also picked up  a couple pots of pansies for the urns on the front porch, which will tide us over until after the frosts/end of May planting time.
The baby chicks arrived last week via the post office, where we picked them up at about 7 AM,  the box fairly bursting with the sound of all 26 peeping at once.  There are Cornish X Rocks to eventually fill the freezer and Araucanas and White Rocks for egg laying--everyone is doing well out in the barn, warm and cozy under their heat lamp. 
In the garden, I've been pulling some leeks for potato & leek soup--my favorite, and I planted two rows of red potatoes and a row of fingerlings.  I also planted two raspberry bushes and a rose bush.  It's impossible to stay indoors when the weather is nice, hence the lack of 'spring cleaning' posts.
Most importantly, thank you all so much for your comments on the shawl collar sweater!!