My Crochet Calling Card

First things 1st

My new knitting needles

Yippee....... unfortunately still in their packet but at least I now have my quality round needles as I'm really not a fan of the plastic rounds that I have.

A belated birthday gift, I had to find a shop that stocked.

Maria's

http://mariasgarnhandelser.blogspot.com/

And then order as these are very popular but the tiny sized and I do like little stitches, but chunky is more fun;-)

My knitting always end up so twisted when I use the plastic type, I crochet much more than I knit as I find the hook more compact for the trains.

So now I can start to practice with out twisting I'm promised.


Below, Treated my self to a lovely yarn at the same time. I'm thinking crochet bag maybe..........ooop's I mean knitted.



Business cards or calling cards what they say about you.


Tough choice

Since I have been knitting in Stockholm and people showed interest in what is was that I was making. I made a basic business card.

I use the term business loosely
Just my e mail and my blog.

My memory and my haphazard way of thinking that I have written something when In fact I hadn't. let me down on a few occasions.

Early on they mostly sat in the bottom of my bag. Getting folded and dirty, I had always planned one day on buying/designing the perfect one.

But when is a good time.

I always struggle with the lost profit!(spending unnecessarily) But my home made really haven't done me any justice/cute hand made?.


But at the same time who would notice a crumpled card that's rubbed off or faded and pink I love pink but have an issue with to girlie will not appeal to all, they where green/purple then pink.(oj oj)


I feel that I had really missed some fantastic opportunity's, by not giving (embarrassed) or by giving a poor quality one out.

I'm not phased by this, as I believe every thing happens for a reason.

When the "knitted by me" book launched and PUB asked me about my dresses and I froze like a little girl lost. Not ready for the interest just in it for the fun. They gave me their business card.............

http://knittedbyme.se/


This was always going to be my dream card.



Thick black Embossed designer/ says to me..... I made it! not literally but made. Made by being recognised a name brand.

The Prada of cards.

Expensive no doubt but to honest I never looked as .....
1) Didn't want to spend that amount or
2) Not ready or
3) Waiting to go home, where no extra postage costs and everything easy in my own language.



Long story short, I was pipped at the post and that will teach me.

At the Access Art reunion an certain lady whom obviously shares my taste in business cards beat me too it.


Chance I'm not really sure? maybe their aren't that many to choose from or marketing wise we think similarly.

The only difference being I wanted portrait and not land scape.;-(

On my trip to UK, Just about all I know, had printed cards and then introduced to internet ordering thing. (I'm old fashioned, I figured a printing shop?)

So I thought that I'd take a look, not at my dream one. But for now just something a little bit more noticeable that little bit more professional.


How can one little card explain all of you?

What it is that you do?


So I figured add some stitches/good start and away I went.


Of course I could not really commit(holding out for the dream), so I just ordered 50;-)


But that's a healthy start from my home made.




Novelty Yarn Art



Ballet bag

Almost completed..........