Beer,Dolls,Shawls and Crochet of Cousre.


This is going to be an extremely long post...........
As for those who know me personally, will already know!

I always have way to much to say;-)

1st thing, the beer the weather in Stockholm has been great and to still be able to sit out and knit.

The beer pic I took at our family trip to Skansen as I was very spoiled, I got to have beer and crochet whist sitting out looking across the sky line of Stockholm;-)

Back to my post

Weird?
Or just a good use of waste.........

I love my Rasmus dearly but I'm not completely sure about wearing him!

Even I have a line that I will not cross, I do love to recycle and I have used some wasted "Dust bunny, corner of the floor, fur in my art.
"

But on my back, Oj oj oj
It did make me laugh as they look like there pets, cute.


Knitting with dog hair?.


This I found here.........

http://weburbanist.com/2009/02/06/knitty-gritty-15-works-of-knit-art-and-graffiti/

So my Suggestion
Or Recommendation is to read/click the link. Promised Smiles,inspiration and I do not mean the dog fur.

15 Knitted Art/artists

The article is fab but unfortunately it runs half the page of ad's
(now I know that this pays)

But when it comes to inspiration I want to see the whole page.
That said it really is a good article;-)


Blythe Dolls and there new Shawls.


Mabels new Karin Shawl, she may have flown across the pond but her fashion seems to be very Scandinavian.;-)



Karin's stitch I have now perfected, Sundays knit cafe an education.


Turning the Lemon sample into a shawl for one Blythe,
And on my walk home, continued and made a second.(Yesterdays tweet)

Sun shone and as soon as I got home a little garden photo shoot was a must. The Red creeper in my garden the perfect back drop for this little shawl.

I am taking so many photos at the moment, Stockholm is just so pretty with all the Autumn shades. Probably the best time to visit.


I had few issues, well my camera a dirty lens and then I need the hood as the sun was very bright and whilst I popped in side she fell, I returned to find Holly flat out! The wind, fortunately she didn't land face down in the mud.

The eye seemed to widen with the shock of being left to fall into the wet ground.
Or maybe I'm just spending to much time alone;-)

But any how I wanted to show this as I think that the eyes are very funny so much expression and it's just a doll.

Currently I'm really enjoying using photo shop.



Startled Blythe.......


Gelfling Blythe this is a real fairy like shot.



Spot the tiny snail/nature.........Autumn Inspiration.

Vintage Impression's

This shawl could possibly be vintage and the mohair was a very old yarn that I purchased from a charity/thrift store.

Its made of three yarns all actually charity shop brought, two where hand rolled balls and the Mohair hair was once a very old ladies stash, as I had to actually tug apart the strands and the fibres had seemed to fuse.

Adding to its knit story, this is a basic knit,knit three add one new stitch each row, knit two, yarn in front add the new stitch.

My daughter has already claimed this........ whist it sat in my finished project bin I had to remove it from her shoulders, needing to get photo proof for
my hand made by me;-)



Fun with the photo, my broach vintage.... well I have owned it for six/seven years I think that makes it Vintage it's a leather flower, pearls models own ;-)



Flowers from my anniversary,

The start of sept, this is another thing that I like to do.
To make the memory last a little longer.......

They die so quickly that I then dry them out. Nothing technical just take away the water and leave them in a place that will not be in the way.

A week or so and on return a beautiful display piece.