change of season

Summer here went out with a bang--beautiful, sunny, warm, dry days. We actually went over 3 weeks with no measurable rainfall. Fall is here now though, and suddenly it is dark at 5:30 when I crawl reluctantly out of bed. The mornings are cool and misty, and the rain has returned.
I did fit in a walk around the property on one of our last sunny days. The goldenrod is in full bloom...




...as well as pearly everlasting,
and asters...
...which look beautiful along side the Queen Anne's Lace...


And I found lots of cattails by the swamp...

The lumina pumpkins are ready to harvest...

The wood pile is growing and plenty is stacked in the garage, ready for that first chilly day that will require the woodstove to be put to use.

I'm finding myself ready for the coziness of it all, and looking forward to more time for some knitting, sewing and crafting.