some cooking - knitting therapy

My 19 year old left the nest last Sunday, and all day Monday I moped--it didn't feel much different than when he went off to kindergarten so many years ago :(
Knitting is my therapy, and I had nothing on my needles so I cast on for this sweater. I'm really excited about this project, because I am trying something new, which I will tell you about soon.
Cooking is good therapy too, and so I also came home from the library with these cookbooks...
&
...which are full of wonderful 'comfort' foods.
I haven't actually made anything yet as I got quite sidetracked reading Ree Drummond's book, which is just as entertaining as her blog.
But, there is no shortage of recipes I want to try.
I will be cooking & knitting, right after the housework and mountain of laundry is dealt with,
~Deb