inside blooms


February is probably my least favorite month of the year, so it is hard to believe it has seemed to fly by.

And,
despite the snowy weather we've had on & off...


Inside,

flowers are blooming...


Come fall, I bring inside most of my potted geraniums. Some spend the winter in the basement under lights, and some are put near windows upstairs. These two in my sewing room are planted in some olive oil cans.


Flowers are also blooming on two pillows I made for the living room...


I have been holding on to this fabric for over a year, unable to decide what to use it for. I realized that it would make perfect pillow covers--such a cheerful pattern seemed perfect for this gray time of winter.

I only had enough print for the cushion fronts, so I used some white linen remnants for the backs. Whenever I'm at Joann's, I search the remnant bins for discounted linen--it always comes in handy for something.

I made a few more pillows, I'll show you next time...