a huge sigh of relief

Another update on the 'Owls' sweater:
Remember the excess bunching at the upper back of the sweater, and that I mentioned ripping it out...

Well, thank goodness for Christine's resounding "NOOOO" and for all of you who recommended blocking it first. I've knit sweaters before, but haven't put a whole lot of importance on blocking--I'm so thankful to have learned something new!

Here is the 'after blocking' shot...

Much better, I think.
There's still a little excess, but I think I can live with it. And let me say, I do not blame the pattern at all in this whole matter. Even when sewing dress/blouse patterns I have had to make alterations for my apparently narrow back.
Kate Davies has designed a beautiful pattern, and I found it very easy to follow.
I decided to go with simpler look and am leaving out the button eyes...

Thanks again, ladies, for all your help!!