Grinch Knitted Mitten (1975)


A Knitted Mitten for the Grinch............


My 1975 challenge part two the mittens,

1st mitten went well or So I thought!
(I seem to be typing that a lot lately)

I mean I did wonder about how long the hand part was becoming.



It was fast becoming a Grinch mitt, extra long fingers.

A working Coffee today, had some teasing by my good friend Kim........as I proudly stitched up my mitt.

Explaining all about my Julie, Julia Child's Knit challenge.

Explaining that is why the Mitt looked a little large,

I am pattern following, 1975 style!.

Mentioning here, putting it together the way that I thought it was supposed to go,
I mean there are no notes on that part,
just the diagram.


Go figure!.




My thumb and the end of the fingers part, traditionally should be quite close.........

And not around 15cm long.


It was here I realised my mistake whist completing mitten two,

I had in fact sewn the cuff(
The turn up part) as the hand ,vice verser.


Hence the extended finger part!

Phew easily fixed (oh yeah) and tonight the met my pre teens seal of approval, she is very happy with her new Mitt's.

Good job completed so quickly as it snowed a little again today...........we are in for a bad winter, for sure;-(



Good Mitt verses Grinch Mitt before a quick repair
As I use crochet to stitch up it was quick to UN-pick(frog) and swap ends to stitch.




My Rasmus on his 1st Jog



Today I decided to brave the elements and my strong dog.
And double up my tasks,

dog walk and a run.
And surprisingly it went ok;-)