Julie, Julia (Knitting challange 1975)


Baby Bootee



Sockor Svenska Sock, I thought that was sugar? oh well........


The diagram to follow.


1975 baby that would be my age ish!



Mittens and socks


Very 70's my colour combination.

I have change the needle size for this pattern down two sizes.

I have been using a 7 and I am using a five.

Just to insure that the bootee are baby sized and not my size.




The baby Bootees

Third
pattern

Third challenge,began ok as usual............

Then

Still slowly learning,here is my big mistake.



The amount of cast on stitches,

It is always just to many.
(Now I realise)

I cast on around the amount I think that almost measures the 24cm.


But once I get knitting,

I realised that it practically doubles in size................


Tension square........... that's the point!


(I guess they do have a reason, but being a free-form knitter.)


Big truth


NEVER

Never ever, have I used one?

Oj Oj Oj

So I'll fix that and go again, or my baby bootees would have fit me.




24cm

Is in fact around 30 cast on stitches and not the 47(ish)

That measure the 24cm in length before you have commenced the 1st row knit.

Basic I know, that's me with pattern reading/diagram reading.

We all have to learn..........

I'm just a slow learner.



My next post I think that I should attach some of the free-form dresses that I have made.

Because if you read this as the 1st post(about me)
You would think that I just learnt how to finish my first knitted row;-(.

Appologies for the lines, I have been blogging a while and this has never happened
before and I just can not fix it!