TWISTED THREAD


Quirky Lil knits aka my friend Hatton;-)

My trip to Uk to assist her 2nd launch at Twisted Thread.
Hectic, but fun a road trip to remember, miles and miles and miles......
But we did well and I think that pattern wise she has made it.

The offers will soon come, her latest dress, modelled here is just so commercial,
It's a style that can suit Young and Old, can be longer, shorter frill, no frill totally adaptable.

And that I think, is what a good design is all about!.

I have a few post on the Twisted so I will not bombard you all at once.
There really was so much to see/inspire/touch and feel.


Below some of the competition Uni entry's, from the show.



Cat print

By Emma Beischer


Bath Spa





Chop stick head


By
Mirinae Hong

Central Saint Martins




Natural Fibre's

By Laura Wooding


Buckinghamshire University.




Something different a sketch book, that you could actually look through.

Oh how I love to touch texture, but when it was so beautiful, I felt actually awful for touching......... Go figure.


So I turned the pages like gold dust;-)

Textile group called East, Artist Delia Pusey.

http://www.easttextile.co.uk/artists.html



Finallly MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well my legs.......


Gino got it 1st official wearing and boy did it get noticed. You just cant beat getting told how wonderful your work is!


Being asked did you make it.........Why yes I did.


The show has a Royal hall/teas room glamorous Red Velvet setting and I cut through this hall. It was a scene for the WRVS all having afternoon tea and a natter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRV

My skirt got eye balled from every direction, a very happy feeling brings back the crochet hand made, lots of nods and winks and that warm sparkly glow knowing it's a one off.



MY MITTENS


I worked on these at the show and then completed on my rather majorly delayed plane at Heathrow on Monday.

A spin on my 1975 project, a practice go at a crocheted pair of mitt's.




Here's how.........


Mitten pattern

8mm hook

1 ball regular yarn dk


1 novelty


1)35 chain

2)Lap top/note pad size ,width (8inchs? enough to fold over your hand)

stitch together starting at the finger point and then as you go around and up the join side.

3)Stitch up 8 stitches
or so.

4)Skip out four chains (for thumb hole)


5)Complete the seam.


For the gap

1)Then pick up at thumb hole, I used around 11 stitches

2)Twice crocheted twice around.


3)Then decrease one stitch each row for around
five more rows.

Thats it! I think that the next pair I will reduce the hook size so that the stitch is tighter.




Complete with a funky flower in matching yarn.