Smitten With My Mitten


Knitting challenge part two.


Progress so far seems to be one mitten is almost completed, well ready to stitch up.

This time no translating 1st, I just used the diagram instinct first.......
if in doubt translate;-0.

Drifting a little from the challenge,

But a challenge all the same,

Because for me knitting is a bit of a challenge,

It doesn't come naturally like crochet.


But I am addicted to those perfect neat little stitches
that sit patiently in their rows just waiting to be increased.

No stress,
Simple,
Smart and at the same time smug,

As they can sit as long as they like and you can continue..........
When ever, 1hour,1day,1week even 1 year.



Mitten start point it's a higgley piggley post, but that just my personality.
(Yesterdays diary of mitten one)

Slow progress to begin.........why?
As I realised in a coffee shop with no measure its broke and I need to replace it.

Improvisation a business card will do.

I figured
7 cm?ish.......
In fact on texting Rich, 8cm to be precise

So that's what I used to get started a little maths/basic
/me;-)

Pattern(ish)

Size 7 sticks, chunky yarn.
48 stitches to start

17 Cm's Of just Knit.

Then a decrease of around 11 cm (check that)

Then knitted around 12 stitches

Cast of the rest and then picked back up the remaining 12 stitches on the needle.

knitted to end of that row increased but 5 stitches.

Then worked the remaining stitches in knit.

7cm more

Cast off.


Smitten with my mitten

My progress so far
.


Pattern and Translation
/well its parts as not all the words I could find.

Vantar/Glove

[stickad jersey (bomullsvante cotton)] glove; tumvante vanl. mitten


Storlek: Vaxenmodell,dam och barn 10-12 år. Lätt att ta mått och
ändra storlek.

Simple take measures (steps) change size; mått äv. dimensions.

Garn: Allt ullgarn går att använda. Vantarna s. 16, 24 har stickats
everything,use; högtidl.el.i betydelsen 'anlita' employ;(any odd yarn the point here?)

Med "gute" gran från Bergå

With Gotlander (Gotland and place) yarn

Garbåtgång: 1-1.5 hg

Tips: Muddens langd Kan varieras.
Land something know diversify.

EASY !!!! oh yeah......Oj ,oj.