lionheart Crochet installation.


Aslan from Narnia

Image/Shauna Richardson

Hare
(Everyday occurrence on a dog walk in Sweden/not crocheted of course.)



A crochet lion on a big scale......

Shauna Richardson
1st mention at my knit cafe in Stockholm, one of the other British mums asked had I heard?

£500 thousand, knitted /crocheted lions?, I know nothing.......

Google and a name (Thanks to Susan) ,Shauna Richardson

Crochetdermy her web site
http://www.shaunarichardson.com/words.php

Her words from site

Maybe anything can be art – A gesture, a van, an empty space. Crochetdermy employs animals, realism, traditional craft and accessibility to explore this theory.

Curiosity, Victorian taxidermy, and the endangered craft of crochet are used to create unique uncanny* life-size and larger animal sculptures.


I guess that this is/was some kind of community project/LONDON Olympics, I guess again/ it was a competition and Shauna won.


So I emailed her, and offered my help!!!!
(well you just never know, unless you ask)

Crochet is of course my favourite thing to do.

And I hope that she doesn't mind me mentioning her on my blog.;-)


Everyday I find some new
knit or crochet project that just blows my mind
,
so many good idea's so many creative people.


This is a good time for the traditional craft to shine and inspire the youth of today in so many unthinkable ways.


But that the traditional craft still remains the same we just all choose to use it so differently.