Inspiration when you least expect it!

I sent an e mail to this magazine 2006

I had a reply printed on the dear Deborah page, I shared my end of year project with the magazine.
My 1st huge scale knit,
Well really my 1st knit attempt.
(1st at all, since I tried when I was 11 or so and promptly gave up)

A big 1st.

I won this book
Chic knits
By Maria Williams
I could not find any net info on her,the shop mentioned in book was the Stitch inn but I found nothing;-(

Really uninspiring is the cover you have to agree, fake mohair with more fake mohair, light blue with light Gray!, Oj oj.


Never inspired to read the book, even flick through
it.
Reason why, other than the cover

I guess that the idea of patterns,
me with no clue, how, what, where, when......

And Of my opinion then, was that......
Why would you make somebody Else's
!,
when you can make your own?.


I'm not of that opinion any more, pattern are organic they are their to be moulded.


It's no good!
I'm trying to sound nice;-) I hate the cover and would never have looked.

So I popped it away for a rainy day, then into a moving box for Sweden.

Years later
2009
I have read and been inspired so it just goes to show as they
"Say in the UK"
Never judge a book by it's cover..........

She uses all the novel yarns (As do I)
I aim to make texture,colour combinations that you would not usually think of.

Not those tacky fluffy scarf yarns that seem very popular used alone, it's criminal
, unless your really really old and I mean really or really young tiny!.

She team good combinations of
fun yarn
with really nice quality yarns.

That really work with her poncho's and shawls and I love the bag, of course I would make the bag but using chenille which can be frowned upon in some knitting circles, but I think here, it look's fantastic.