'printing by hand'

I feel like I have to 'run' to keep up with life lately. Just when I want to slow down and literally smell the roses or take a leisurely walk or sit on the glider and read a good book, there is something demanding attention--like those weeds I can't seem to keep up with lately, the deck needing some stain, or meat birds & hens that need feeding & watering. No matter what though, I try to squeeze in some crafting like this really fun project recently from 'Printing by Hand'...

Our daughter' boyfriend had a birthday, and since he is the nicest guy in the world I thought I'd make him something. Since he has a dachshund puppy I decided to make him a pillow using the 'Gus's Dog Bed' stencil.

I have a screen printing kit but am still a bit intimidated by it all, so I just applied the screen printing ink with a stencil brush...

I can see where it would have come out nicer had I used the screen, but I think it still turned out pretty cute...


I've also managed to start a knitting and a crochet project...{I'm so much better at starting projects than finishing them :)
...will be back soon with more details.