some finished sewing

Hope your Memorial Day weekend was a good one. Last week Mike was home on vacation and all my normal routines went by the wayside. It was his springtime work vacation, which is all about getting things done on his 'to do' list. Luckily there were some fun things on the list like a trip to Ikea in Canada and the first flea market of the season. Since I don't have any pictures ready of my finds, I will share a couple of somewhat blurry pictures of finished sewing projects--this top was actually finished last summer...

Simplicity 4111 - Built by Wendy
I used the cap sleeve tutorial found here.

And here's a picture of my finished Favorite Things Prairie Girl dress...

I found this pattern simple to follow, but I did have to alter it a bit as it seems to run large--I made a size smaller than I normally would and then I also nipped the waist seam in by an additional 1/2 inch. I decided not to use the ties and gathered the back with some elastic instead.
Now I'm off to clear my sewing table which is buried under a mountain of unfinished projects...Deb