Memory Blanket

These are my daughters Monet's, she is chip of the old block as they say in the UK.

She is very into free-form.
I guess she has to be, as I cant teach her any different;-).

She is very clever with crochet, as she is a left hander. But I had to teach her right handed as we just got to confused when we tried to reverse it.

Maybe now a different story, as we both are a little bit more experienced but you know how it goes.

Cont
The way you where shown/taught 1st, is the way that sticks whether right or wrong.

She was around 8!, when she got to basics. She made a few scarf's but little sample blankets for small things

(little TY or littlest pet shops is all she liked to do!)


Currently she is too pre teen to knit/crochet

"Designer every thing is her plan, oj oj oj she come back to the hand makes, it's a fad".


But together we tided her room this weekend (Mission) and
I found her box of neatly stash squares and she asked what could we do with them?

This is where the memory blanket part come in! why not attach them and then edge them,
Blankie Mania Ravelry http://theknittingforartexhibition.blogspot.com/2008/09/blankie-mania-turns-tracey-emin.html But not ON such a disciplined scale;-).
Home Sweet, still working on my racing green acrylic egding, as it hangs here in my garden I can see that I will have to unpick the bumpy mixed yarn thats in the centre as making it all in one peice defianlty has not worked.

The final thing I will do before I flog that middle is iron/press with the heat and see if that makes the yarn sit flatter.