belated Happy Mother's Day!

Hoping you moms enjoyed your day yesterday. I was treated to a thoughtful gift from my son, a loving phone call from my daughter who is vacationing in the Florida Keys {I'm thinking something is definitely 'wrong' with this picture -- shouldn't our positions have been reversed???}, and a husband who did all the cleanup from the brunch I fixed for my Mom and other family, and some roses thrown in as well.
{The calla lilies were a gift for my Mom, that I planted in this hobnail planter I found at the antique mall. The little tag was made from a photocopy of an old picture of my great grandma Elizabeth and her two sisters.}

Otherwise, life has been hectic here...lots to do and too many unfinished projects. A week flies by before I know it, and just the end of last week I realized these little bundles would be arriving today...

...I'm headed out to check on them now and make sure they're all nice and cozy under their heat lamp.

Then, I am going to try really hard to accomplish some sewing...Deb