rainy day fun

Today, a few more drawstring pouches in the making...the design stage actually, which just means the making of piles on my sewing table...

...piles of fabrics & vintage linens, hand crocheted edgings, knitted cotton squares, alphabet ribbon, buttons, and doilies ~ whatever I can scavenge from bins, drawers, and shelves in the sewing room is a possible element. Now, to narrow down the choices and come up with combinations--usually the most time consuming part for me, but also the most fun.


And, at least I can stand while doing this. Sitting is still uncomfortable on the back...I've considered elevating the sewing machine and standing to sew or attaching a little pouch to myself so I can walk around and knit :)

{I am happy to say my back is better--it turns out I have a herniated disc, but thanks to the chiropractor and the Pain Free book exercises, which I'm doing daily, I feel much better. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!! ~ Deb}