Ladybird Maxi dress (Blythe)

CUTE!

Here is the completed Ladybird book 1975 maxi dress. I even made a little bag with the left over yarn that's sort of 70's looking.


Pink and Red is such a cool combination, not very 70's I need to do a brown and yellow/orange one. I think that I'll make a few variations as I made the strips up as I went along.


Where I have made the string with a crochet chain the pattern suggested Ribbon but being Easter I haven't been shopping and no ribbon in my stash. But I think the red acrylic chain worked just as well.
The bag was a red rectangle and a pink round, that I then attached together with a chain stitch and added a little crochet strap I was trying to make the horses shoe type of bag.

Adding the heart bead as an extra little detail.
(You have to look close to see the bead)

All in all 2 hour work with stitching all the ends in, that's no time at all.