Lady bird learnabout crochet, Maxi dress 1975

I have been having some knitted garden inspiration, sat in the sunshine Easter weekend.
This is a book that I remember having as child well I had some of the Lady birds, but actually not Crochet or knitting
(E-bay purchase)
Late bloomer as they say 30 something, before I picked up the sticks hooks etc!

But any how with having my new Blythe I figured, nostalgia I make her a 70's maxi dress, I mean she is a 1972 re -make so why not.

As you know I cant read patterns, well I read! its just all
mumbo jumbo, I couldn't make head or tale.
A little disappointed as I really tried being a kids pattern and all.
But in the end, I did it my way. I just used the diagrams and made the rest up!

Here I have completed the skirt part.
Next step bodice! wow feel like an 8 year old with my lady bird book trying to construct a pattern.
Start with the basics, as they say!.