sewing drawstring pouches

I love the Japanese crafts that combine handknitting with fabric and have always wanted to try it. Before the holidays, I set out to make some drawstring bags with my favorite elements ~ linen, cotton yarn, twill tape, and some embroidery. This is the bag I made for Claire for Christmas...

The other bags were set aside, but after I got back from Florida I dug them out and just got the last one finished. I used some of the alphabet twill tape for the drawstring on the 'yarn kitty' bag...

These have to be one of my favorite projects--the possible combinations seem endless, they are a lot of fun to make, and they're useful :)

{bags can be found here}
Edited::The drawstring pouches have sold out ~ many thanks to those who purchased one and to all who stop by and offer kindness and support ~ Deb