I'm Sorry


My sincerest apologies to all of the baby sweaters that may be reading this post. Because what I am about to show you may incite feelings of insecurity, jealousy, perhaps even self-loathing.

It's to be expected. Those feelings are normal when you are dealing with a handknit this perfect. 
And this handsome.




 It's my finished Gramps Cardigan by Kate Oates, knit from Madelinetosh Tosh dk in Vintage Frame.

This is my favorite baby knit to date, and maybe my favorite knit EVER.


Because I am all about dressing our new little one like a preppy Grandpa. 

I imagine our baby wearing this sweater and studiously reading a baby book by the fire... because that's what a baby would do if he owned a sweater like this... and he would have very smart looking baby glasses and perhaps even carry something... like a baby handkerchief.. or something.. as well. Yes. Definitely.


I don't know what I like more..
Is it the cables.. the shawl collar.. the color??

Frankly, the entire combination is just crazy adorable. 

Especially with these shoes.. 



Who said it wasn't fun dressing a boy?!

I want to knit one in every size the pattern comes in, so he will always have one to wear.
I'm a bit obsessed.. can you tell?

In case this post makes you think I've gone off the deep end.. just keep in mind...
I'm having a baby in 3 days.
Emotions and hormones and irrational thoughts are running high.

:)