Color Knitting Links - Thanksgiving Edition


I adopted Payton the turkey from Farm Sanctuary because the way his head was tilted upwards cracked me up. Oddly enough, when I decided to knit a turkey for our Thanksgiving table he (she??) also ended up with a tilted head looking up. The free pattern is HERE and unlike many knitted toy patterns, everything is knit in the round. I used various scraps of worsted weight yarn and I added one tail feather.


NOVEMBER COLOR KNITTING LINKS

The thing I'm anticipating the most is the new book Knitting with Two Colors from Schoolhouse Press which will be available next month. The book bills itself as a "two-color knitting workshop for beginner to advanced knitters". Considering how much I learned from Meg Swansen and Joyce Williams years ago when I was just learning stranded color knitting, I fully expect this book to be the definitive book on the subject. I can't wait! I will buy the book as soon as it is available and review it here.

FREE PATTERNS

If I hadn't just finished knitting a turkey, I'd knit this Lion Brand wreath. You need to register to see it but it is a lovely wreath of felted leaves.

This classic Icelandic sweater uses unspun Lopi yarn.

Here is a free pattern for some Zigzag Mittens for those who love Missoni-inspired knits.

The Cozy Canuck Chullo pattern for kids uses Cascade 220.

Baikal is a stranded tam that uses Aran weight yarn.

HoHoHo is a reindeer Christmas stocking in five colors.

Webs offers this free pattern for Regia Socks with a Jacquard pattern.

The skunk-themed Stinky Pink mittens are such fun.

MISCELLANEOUS

HERE is a fun article about how someone found a 150 year old Fair Isle cap, believed to be the oldest surviving example of Fair Isle knitting, on Ebay for 7.39 pounds. Pretty cool!

We're voting on a KAL on Ravelry's Stranded forum which will start December 26th. If you have any nominations for a pattern to knit, please go HERE and let us know your choice. So far the contenders are RoseHiver's Butterflies are Free Socks, Mary Ann Stephen's Zinnia Mittens from the new Twist Collective, and Knit Picks' Woodland Winter Mittens.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!