Baby





I am so happy to tell you that on Monday, November 7th, we welcomed our new baby boy. 
He is soft, and sweet and just perfect in every way. I couldn't have asked for a more precious baby. 
Seriously.. I love this little guy.. I can't even begin to tell you how much. I still can't believe that he is actually ours.


While I was pregnant, I guess I just assumed that our second child would be exactly like our first. 
I was expecting a light haired but mostly bald, 10 pound baby... but we ended up with this little guy instead.. a full head of dark hair and almost a full pound less than our daughter was at birth. 
But still more beautiful than I could have envisioned.


Soon after birth, I felt that it was only fitting for our new one to be adorned in handknits. 


Very quickly he was dressed up in his Malabrigo baby hat and matching Baby Sophisticate cardigan.
So that he could look his best when we introduced him to his big sister and the rest of our family... of course.


A perfect little gentleman.

And then again we just had to dress him up to go home. 
This time in the full ensemble with the coordinating booties... which fit by the way!


As we walked (or in my case.. were wheeled down) the halls of the hospital on our way out, I couldn't help but feel so much pride as both a mother and a knitter to overhear multiple nurses and patients commenting on the sweet little baby "in the sweater". 

Here is this new little life that I have created and nurtured for the past several months, and the handknits that were carefully selected and knit just for him. There is no greater sense of accomplishment than to see the two together.

I feel so incredibly blessed to have this little one join our family. Thank you to everyone for all of your kind emails and well wishes. I am happy to report that everyone here is happy, healthy and adjusting well. :)

More updates to follow!