making a slipcover from old linen tablecloths

lifeinredshoes asked about my linen tablecloth slipcover way back when,
so I thought I would show you
what I did.
For each part of the loveseat
I roughly cut out a piece of linen
that was a couple inches larger all around.
Extra needs to be left wherever you will
be tucking in the slipcover ~ in this case,
all around the back and sides of the seat.
I lay the pieces in place right side down
and pin them somewhat snuggly along all the
seam lines.
Relief cuts are needed along curves,
and some spots get a bit tricky.
Once all is pinned, I trim away the excess
fabric, leaving about a 1 inch seam
allowance.
Then, it is gathered up and taken to the sewing
machine.  I sew my seams along the pinned
lines, periodly placing the cover back
on the furniture to recheck it.
There is often a bit of seam ripping
involved in this process!
I used to do piping on many of my slipcovers,
but lately I have been taking the simpler route
{gotten lazy} and have left it out.
This is a very simple explanation--if you
would like more details, I have