Easy make project bag. (Recycling a vest top)


Easy make project bag

If your like me and you have a few W,I,P's at the same time.
(way to many)

I'm always rushing about and it got to the stage where I would put my projects in bags. I have recycled one's, but not many and they do wear out;-(
(yes I admit it carrier bags)
Old re- used but still! all looking the same, shopping in same shops.

Rush off to grab a tram, picking up the wrong project;-(.

Bright idea...........(yes I do have them;-)

I had a vest top that I loved but really four years of wearing , it's out of shape and the fabric a little worn.

I wanted to keep it as I love the fabric hooked on florals :-)

So with a my bright idea, I made a project bag, then I made a few more.
(Now I'm stocked, they would take big weight but any knit project fine.)

All different, so no confusion when I grab which ever project and dash off with it;-)

I have made a step by step blog using my daughters holed vest top.



Step one

Turn the vest Inside out, neaten the edges as this will become the seam part.



Excellent for Recycling old or torn vests.




Step two

Pin a line , if you have a sowing machine great, if not hand stitched will take longer but fine to-do.

You can cheat here as the top is already edged (neatly stitched) so usually I would stay pretty close, so my seam is already done.




Step three

This has to be a large seam across the bottom as the hole needed to be brought into to equation.

Stitch across, double up at each end for strength.

WOoh la


Step four

Turn the bag in the right way, pull out the edges and then add knit project.

Project bag, perfect for any knit or crochet project.

(Here's one I made earlier! Blue Peter)




Ducks



duck in yarn

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/gettin-made/gettin-made-everything-and-the/


My duck my Canvas chair