This week I have been mostly.......

This week I have mostly been..........

Using up my string/sisal collection to make a new little basket for my napkins.
(I have a holder but they are always to big and fall out)

String is so handy, its long lasting, can be squashed flat and is pretty strong. (warning) Extra hand cream is needed when working with this material.

But as far as versatile, I have made this type of baskets for my teas light candles, my dress bracelets, etc etc.

String is so good for bags and perfect for a little gift baskets.

How this was achieved. A simple rectangle and then work up the sides until desired height/you can fold here for extra strength if desired.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisal



Size 6.5 metal hook, makes light of the work of the tough string.

You do have to pull but its really not that hard at all.



They say that laughter make you live longer?

Well you have heard of laughing cow? but a laughing dog!.

My dog


He looks like he has just heard a good dog joke;-).



Laughter.

Maybe he was laughing at my picking up of a row or two of wrong stitches.

It looks easier than it is, but to be fair for all the fiddly-ness I would just usually frog the lot and start again.

But some times its good to take time and learn some thing new.
I shoved in a lower size needle, careful to put it through what I persevered to be every stitch and then gently pulled.


Until the little white fluffy stitches cute little rabbits ears where ready to be picked up.

keeping my life line(big skinny needle) in for safety. It took me a while but I did it!


Picked up stitches and no drops. Oh yeah.




Life line
(always a size of two smaller than your using, that way its easier to move)

Bunny ears.......



Major shawl developments..........


Basically I was/am making easy shawls (a few) the weather here had been so awful.
(Today the exception)
16mm hook and a big stash of odds and ends.
That on my sunny patio, I had needed a shawl to sit and have coffee.
Fast (keeping my hands warm with movement;-)
That I have been making the shawls fast.

(currently on my second)


Stitches up close and super sized fluffy five or six strands shawl.



Lady Gaga she's not got far, she actaully stopped to play Stockholm I missed out as I could have popped along..........if only I would have had a ticket.;-(

Mind you it's pretty unfinished , so what would I have given her, she would have un-ravelled fast in my hour glass Basque.