some improvising...

Advent::from the Latin word for 'arrival' or 'coming', is a period of preparation for the birth of Jesus. Advent::begins four Sundays before Christmas and is the start of the Christmas season.


Advent began yesterday, yet today we were still without an Advent wreath, one of my favorite Christmas traditions. Many years the day seems to sneak up on me, and often I am cutting pine branches and crafting the wreath on the first Sunday of Advent...this year I didn't manage that--I hadn't even been able to find the purple and rose-colored candles that I love to use--so I sat this morning wondering what to do. Inspiration was found here...now this I could manage, and I wouldn't even have to go out in the wind/rain/snow that was coming down today. I rummaged through the house & basement and came up with some emergency candles, dried moss, clay, and a tag sale white floral container...

Here it is on the kitchen table, where we will enjoy it every day {thank you Benita!}. I never did finish the Christmas tablerunner I had planned, so some vintage linen will do for now...

If you make one, what does your Advent 'wreath' look like?