Broomstick crochet update

The joining ridge below and my just too cute puppy pic above.

Be-witched would be a good name for this top, I think.

I got board making the shawl so I crocheted a back panel the one that you see in
the picture.


Then I gave it a top edge with the basic chain stitch.
With this I then went up leaving a gap and then joined again equally so that this would eventually be the neck and sleeve joint.

I used a chain stitch for 4 rows, to get the width.


I then used this part to attach to the back panel that I had raised higher previously.


For this part, I have attached using crochet on the out side, so that you can see the ridge raised where they join. Not sure about this part.
I may up-pick and re-join on the inside.
(That way less of a ridge)


Or I may just make that a feature, that's why I love to free form.