thrifty goodness

These goodies are the result of three recent thrift store visits. Since I'm just sitting here recuperating, it seemed like a good time to post them. I found three of these plates with roses and morning glories at the Salvation Army for under $2...
...which just happen to be very similar in color to this little creamer I found for a couple dollars at the antique mall. It is made of the thinnest, most delicate china and in perfect condition. I couldn't resist...
A new thrift store opened in our town awhile back, and I finally got around to checking it out. Wow! The building, which was an old men's shop~old as in shop, not as in men~is chock full of stuff. There are unloaded boxes of linens, sewing stuff, kitchenware, and piles of more stuff that you have to step over, in addition to furniture. A little bit of everything, and lots to be discovered if you have the time to look and sort through it all. Seems they are bringing in boxes faster than they can unload them.
I found some paper lace doilies, linen napkins, some bias tape, and buttons...
There were tons of old books, so I grabbed an old dictionary and music book for paper crafting...
I hope to be feeling better this week, cause I can't wait to go back there...I still have the basement level to check out :)