Cream Tea

When I was at the library yesterday, this Saveur magazine on the sale cart immediately caught my eye, because I love tea time. For 25 cents this May o5 issue was mine...

The article "Cream Tea Country" by Megan Wetherall is described in the table of contents ~ "A quest for the perfect English cream tea takes the author to Devon, where clotted cream, homemade berry jam, butter scones, and steaming tea served from bone china define a vanishing was of life." The photographs in this article are a feast for the eyes!

My goal for this weekend is to make the Victoria Sponge Cake pictured on the cover (I will have to improvise for the Devon cream), while wishing I were really at The Old Cottage Tea Shop in Bovey Tracey.

For some on-line recipes, check out Cream Teas , Cornish Cream Tea, and this recipe for Victoria Sponge Cake.


I would also like to mention a very wonderful person named Peggy, of Homemade Simplicity. She has kindly asked to highlight Homespun Living as her 'blog pick for the month' for February. And she has very generously treated me to a one year subscription to her E-zine, The Simple Home Almanac. If you would like to check out her lovely website, just click on the Home Made Simplicity icon in my sidebar; I'm sure she would love to hear from you!