corners of my home

Today was my shopping and errand day, and after making all my stops, even though I told myself I shouldn't :), I headed towards the new thrift store in town. Since last week, I'd been thinking about a $5 oil painting I had seen there, and I was happy to find the painting still unsold. Right now it's propped up in my workroom until I find the perfect spot for it. It's not signed and looks like it may have been painted by a beginner~I love its imperfection!
And here are some pictures of the storage cubby I painted green to match the little chest of drawers...
I'm still in the process of getting it organized ~ hopefully it will be good for holding magazines, idea files, cardstock, etc....My next project in here is to sew the simple swedish roll-up blind, and I found some fabric today that I hope I will look good ~ just need to choose a matching fabric for the lining.