knitting notes

After a string of sunny Indian Summer days,
enjoying walks along the canal and through the woods,
washing windows outside,
harvesting what's left in the garden,
and enjoying an evening campfire making popcorn
and drinking hot cocoa,
today's rainy gray weather is a change of pace ~
perfect for a bit of knitting at teatime
and enjoying a pumpkin spice latte cupcake...

These cupcakes are wonderfully moist and good,
and keep perfectly in the fridge for several days...
I gave mine a cream cheese frosting as I didn't
have any heavy cream on hand.
The knitting is a bottom for a drawsting pouch,
several of which I hope to have in the shop
by the end of the week.
~
My first sock complete, I have not gotten too far on the
second.  It's been on the back burner of late...

For years I have had a knitting needle case on my
          to do list ~ a project that I never ever got
           around to. Meanwhile I had to sift through
        a basket of needles to find what I needed ~ and
every time I would think that I really needed to get sewing
                       something for them.
         Then I saw this needle case and knew it was the
               perfect one...plain creamy colored
canvas and twill tape and some
number stamps...everything I already had
on hand.

Once I got started it didn't take long to make,
and now all my straight needles are organized.

You can find the tutorial here.

~Deb