The Countdown Begins




In two weeks from today (or really any time in between) we will be welcoming a new baby boy into our family. There is nothing like self publishing a book to make 40 weeks of pregnancy fly by!

Right now I am going through that crazy pregnant lady "nesting" phase where I feel absolutely panicked about getting all loose ends tied up and everything set and ready for the baby.

I happen to have these two gorgeous gray cabled knits on the needles at the moment.. and although its completely illogical, I feel the desperate need to get both done before the baby's arrival. 

Because... those things make total sense when you are a crazy pregnant lady... ok? 
Ok.

This is the Gramps Cardigan pattern in progress.. being knit out of Madelinetosh DK. I seriously think that this is the cutest baby sweater ever. I know I've said that before.. but seriously.. It's the NEW cutest one ever. 
I can't wait to finish it!


And also vying for my attention is an extremely snuggly cozy Rocky Coast Cardigan for me, knit in the amazing Fiber Company Terra yarn. What a joy this is to knit, and I imagine it would be a comforting thing to wear in the cold wintry postpartum period up ahead.


I better get to work! I only have two weeks left! Will I make it??

In the meantime, I'll continue sharing the pictures of my already completed baby knits with you.. look for more over the next few weeks!