a footstool makeover


This little footstool started out with a
dingy brown velvet covering which
it was wearing when I bought it.
I was in my needlepoint phase,
{yes, that is mismatched green wool you see}
and one of my first projects was
to staple this finished piece
to the footstool...


A couple years ago, I crocheted a cover
for the footstool,
which just slipped right over the needlepoint...

Lately I've felt ready for a change and
a little less color, so 
I removed the crocheted cover and the needlepoint,
took a coffee sack--which I would usually
sew into a tote bag--and cut out a cover
for my stool...

The burlap coffee sack was stapled to the underside,
and then I used black upholstery tacks to attach
some wonderful jute braid that I found at Walmart.
I should finish the underside off with a black
fabric dust cover, but haven't gotten to that yet...


It presently sits right next to my cubbie unit,
handy for whenever I need to reach something up high...

~Deb