A Difficult Day





I wanted to start off this post on a positive note. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone for all of your kind comments and feedback about Coastal Knits! The response was overwhelming to say the least and I am now even more excited for its release. :)





But.. even with all of that positivity surrounding Coastal Knits, it couldn't make up for the fact that today was a difficult day.





Because today.. was the first day of Kindergarten. 













Yep. It's official. My baby girl is now "BIG". :(





Somehow.. in the blink of an eye.. she went from this tiny precious baby in my arms...





























to this. 


My excited Kindergartner.










Where did the time go?





As worried as I was about her adjusting to her first day at school, she was absolutely fine. 


Apparently I am the one who needs help adjusting. :)





When we dropped her off, I couldn't help but cry. Not in the polite 'fighting back tears sort of way' either...


I was a mess.





I am so proud of who this little baby has turned into. She is smart, sweet and well adjusted, but I can't help but miss my little baby girl and the fun times we spent as just the two of us at home. Although I'm excited to enter this new chapter of our lives, I think that I will need some time to get used 


to the idea that children actually do get older.





I wanted to start the year off on the right foot, so this past week we planned out a present for her Kindergarten teacher together.





In keeping with the old tradition of giving an apple to the teacher, I created this...










A lovely little knitted apple filled with apple scented potpourri. 










It's heavy enough to serve as a nice paperweight for her desk. 


Or it could be tucked away in a drawer to be used as a sachet. 





To create this apple, I modified the brilliant "finger foods" pattern by Susan B. Anderson from Itty Bitty Toys.


I followed the instructions exactly, but omitted the hole at the bottom... as I didn't see much application for it here. :)





I'm really happy with how it turned out and I hope that her teacher loves it too.