recovered footstool

The weather here has been so beautiful ~ 70's and sunny ~ that I have neglected the computer and have been enjoying the outdoors as much as possible. Last evening I sat outside on the glider crocheting, but not on the vertical stripe blanket...as usual I've gotten sidetracked and started something new.
I had this footstool in the basement...

...with a needlepoint cover I made years ago, in my 'needlepoint phase'. It has a very pretty floral design, but note the mismatched dye lots of the wool {due to not buying enough wool the first time} and the pilling. It was time for a change...

This is its new crocheted cover--started yesterday and finished today, very fun, instant gratification.


I used yarn I had on hand ~ mostly wool with some acrylic/wool blends mixed in and a 5mm crochet hook. Peggy Adamik's 'How to Crochet a Granny Rectangle' was just what I needed to get off to the right start.


It's adding a real blast of color to my workroom, where I think it will come in quite handy.