September begins...

Canning::
This week the tomatoes have been keeping me busy. They are not lasting well on the vine, so I picked as many as I could and have been canning some each day {plus we've been eating a lot of tomato, basil, & mozzarella salads :) }

Sewing::
I've been working with this wonderful thick nubby cotton that I found this summer at a yard sale ~ soon to be a zipper pouch and a tea cosy, but neither finished yet.

Treasure hunting::
This small vintage globe bank found for very little $ at a yard sale.


Baking::
More Paula Deen zucchini bread ~ this time with chocolate chips...also excellent. Recipe found here.

Blooming::
Sunflowers, zinnias, and cosmos!


Growing::
Birdhouse gourds are growing up the chicken yard fence and providing a nice little bit of shade. Sadly the gourds are yet so tiny that I don't know if they will ever get big enough.

Crowing::
Yes, it's been determined, finally, that our little punk rocker is a rooster...


...so now we have two!


I know some of you are patiently waiting for answers to your questions--I have lots of flagged e-mails and will do my best.
Thanks for taking time out to stop by!