A Big bold knit event for Reading.

(loving the retro glittery green sign, hand made nothing like a little glue and glitter)


1 large cake and a hell of a lot of candles.

Community knitting/crochet at it's finest.

Project Jackson's corner 135 years

The Outcasts

http://theoutcasts.co.uk/

http://www.jacksonsofreading.co.uk/

A Big bold knit event for Reading.



Outcast Kira and Suzanne(Jelly) in action.

Myself taking the photo, myself be crafty in the knitting dept of Jackson's corner!!, I never would have imagined (not in 135 years)

A 1st for me to stitch on knitted candles as basically with my projects crochet chains are used for everything:-)

I did imagine worst case scenario, I could make a little picket fence with a crochet chain and prop the candles behind, but luckily the stitch on was pretty easy once I got going(good teachers) And at the out cast wed knit night had successfully attached most of the candles, Lots and lots of people made light work.

Being part of a group project when all ages are involved is so much fun.

I love the knit politics of such events, I would love to study a degree just so my dissertation could be written on that exact Topic. Explained a little clearer the way Old and new and I don't mean age, approach the craft they do.

In a nut shell, Why we crafty ladies (and men) do what we do, the way we do it.


Modern day knitting or simply art a breathe of fresh air, breathed back into what was sadly a dying tradition.(no more)

The launch of the Jackson knit event was packed, young and old running all weekend so pop along if you are local.


My contribution.

Large balls make for large cakes.

Jelly above.
Knitting sisters below.


Candle pattern

I phone/ my knitted art in case, well on a case.


www.casemate.com
(Something like that!)


80's inspiration, my new knit book purchased yesterday from Oxfam at £3.99 it really was a very exciting day.